AnsweredAssumed Answered

Load Data Warehouse Access Rights Job Failure/Timeout

Question asked by Scott Derderian on Feb 18, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 1, 2016 by Nika_Hadzhikidi

Hi all,  We are currently in the midst of conducting an upgrade from 13.2 to 14.3 in a downstream environment.

We are having an issue with the Load Data Warehouse Access rights job timing out and ultimately failing.

Pertinent BG Log entry as follows:

Load Data Warehouse Access Rights) Error executing job: 5110915

1. java.lang.Exception: ETL Job did not complete within specified time.

We are loading approximately 10.5 million records into the DWH_INV_SECURITY AND DWH_RES_SECURITY TABLES.

We have increased the ETL Job Timeout to 1,200 minutes.  Further, we have increased the fetch size to 200,000 (although I'm not sure that is the culprit as it only appears to be populating the DWH_INV_SECURITY table with 10,000 records at a time.

Both the Clarity Schema and the DWH Schema are running on SQL Server 2012 enterprise edition.  We have opened a case with CA, but was also wondering if anyone out there has experienced similar issues.  

We have approximately 2,100 active projects; 2,500 active resources; no NPIO's.

The job appears to be executing but is taking (what seems to be) an inordinate amount of time.

Other jobs that don't hit the DW schema (i.e. time slicing, investment allocation, etc), appear to be running w/in acceptable time parameters thus far.

Any thoughts on what I may be overlooking?  Also.  A big concern is once this executes successfully, are subsequent runs incremental (i.e. only updating/inserting deltas)?  Unless I'm mistaken this does not appear to be the case as with each run, the DWH_*_security tables appear to be truncated.

Any and all input is appreciated.  thank you for your consideration.

Outcomes