This document will explain why you are getting a 2999 error message while using TDoD and how to resolve the issue.
You will be able to find this knowledge base article, along with others at http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/support-by-product/ca-test-data-manager.aspx
While using Test Data on Demand (TDoD) 3.2.1, you may see these errors:
- 'Exception occurred while opening service'
- 'Exception Message: Error 2999 while testing server licence! Please contact support.'
- 'Exception occurred while opening service host connection'
- 'Exception of type 'GT.TDMoD.Services.Common.BusinessException' was thrown.'
You may have received these errors while either working in the TDoD Configuration Editor, working with the Remote Publish Configuration Editor, using Remote Publish feature, or using the Test Match feature.
These error messages can either occur in the TDoD and Remote Publish configuration editors or their respective log files.
The default locations for those are here:
- C:\Grid-Tools\TDoD\TDoD_ConfigEditor\ TDoDConfigEditor.exe
Your log files will look similar to this:
2016-01-11 23:31:23,861  FATAL GTWCFHost.GTWCFHost - Exception occurred while opening service
2016-01-11 23:31:23,861  FATAL GTWCFHost.GTWCFHost - Exception Code: licence_error_testing_licence_contact_support. Exception Message: Error 2999 while testing server licence! Please contact support.
2016-01-11 23:31:23,861  FATAL GTWCFHost.GTWCFHost - Stack Trace: at GT.TDMoD.Services.Security.Licence.Initialise()
at GTWCFHost.GTWCFHost.OnStart(String args)
2016-01-11 23:31:23,861  FATAL GTWCFHost.GTWCFHost - Exception occurred while opening service host connection
2016-01-11 23:31:23,861  FATAL GTWCFHost.GTWCFHost - Exception: Exception of type 'GT.TDMoD.Services.Common.BusinessException' was thrown.
Test Data Manager (TDM) release version 3.2.1.
Test Data on Demand (TDoD) release version 2.2.1.
TDoD is installed with the TDM product package.
Any supported database: https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/3-2-2/en/installing/supported-data-sources
A different product fix in TDM 3.2.1 caused Datamaker to store both the fully qualified domain name as well as the hostname. This causes the TDoD services to fail and complain about the license.
1. Upgrade to Test Data Manager 3.2.2 or above.
- Documentation for upgrading is located here- https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/3-2-2/en/installing/upgrade-product-components
- Community Post about upgrading is located here- https://communities.ca.com/message/241848242
2. There is a patch available if you are unable to upgrade.
- Please open a support case and reference this community post in order to receive the patch.
- The patch will include a folder with four DLL files.
- These files will need to be copied into the below file paths and will be replacing the current DLL files in those folders.