AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to trigger a reminder email x hrs before scheduled start date

Question asked by Brett_Zipkin on Jul 11, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 13, 2016 by Chris_Hackett

I was asked by my change management team if it was possible to trigger a reminder email 12 hours before the scheduled start date of a change.  I don't see a way that I can configure that.

The requirements would be as follows:

• It wouldn't be for all change categories, only select ones.  I can identify them with a common flag I added to the chgcat table.
  • It would need to go out 12 hours before the scheduled start date on the ticket
  • If the scheduled start date changed after the email event/animation was loaded, it should update to coincide with the new date so as not to send out false reminders either early or late.
  • It may or may not be restricted to tickets in an Approved status.  That is up in the air at the moment and still being discussed.

I know there are ways to trigger events on a delayed timer but that's in a specific # of hours/minutes/sec from the point when the event loads and isn't based on another field, such as the scheduled start date.

Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this goal natively within Service Desk or do I need to construct something in PAM?

Outcomes