AnsweredAssumed Answered

Email notification not going out of Clarity

Question asked by danish on Aug 1, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 4, 2016 by Chris_Hackett

In our instance Email notifications are stopped working in Clarity. Now whenever I am trying to send any AI I am getting Clarity notification but no email similarly while adding participants we are not getting email. Strange thing is it worked sometime but most of the time its not working and this was not the case and this started recently. I am on 14.2 and we have single box for all our app,bg,nsa services.

In the log it shows error as below. I can able to telnet form our clarity server to that mail server and I am able to send email from that server by outlook as well.

DEBUG 2016-07-28 12:00:22,253 [pool-6-thread-109] notification.MailMessage (none:none:none:none) MailMessage.run() send failed

DEBUG 2016-07-28 12:00:22,254 [pool-6-thread-115] notification.MailMessage (none:none:none:none) MailMessage.send() messaging error

javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: mail1.myserver.com, port: 25;

nested exception is:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:1282)

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java:370)

at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:297)

at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:156)

at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:105)

at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:168)

at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:98)

at com.niku.union.notification.MailMessage.send(MailMessage.java:559)

at com.niku.union.notification.MailMessage.run(MailMessage.java:706)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Outcomes