Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Is there a way to output the logs from CA Live API Creator to another database?

Posted Oct 16, 2016 09:55 PM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I would like to enquire on the possibilities of being able to output the logs from CA Live API Creator to another database which is outside of the live creator.

I have attached a screenshot for further understanding.

Thanks for your help.

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to output the logs from CA Live API Creator to another database?

Posted Oct 18, 2016 11:02 AM

Live API Creator uses standard Log4j logging. If you go to the WEB-INF/classes directory, there is a logging.properties file that you can modify to use different appenders and log settings.

• 3.  Re: Is there a way to output the logs from CA Live API Creator to another database?

Posted Oct 19, 2016 05:16 AM

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the information. May I also check on where is the location of the log files? 

Cause I can't seem to find the location where they store the information from the server output.

Thanks

Kind Regards

• 4.  Re: Is there a way to output the logs from CA Live API Creator to another database?

Posted Oct 19, 2016 09:44 AM

This is the relevant line from the logging.properties files I have on a 2.1 LAC install:

org.apache.juli.FileHandler.directory = ${catalina.base}/logs

So the logs will appear in a /logs directory under the location where you have tomcat installed (i.e. - "${catalina.base}").

• 5.  Re: Is there a way to output the logs from CA Live API Creator to another database?

Posted Oct 19, 2016 10:41 AM

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the information. However, i am using the jetty build and there is currently nothing in the /logs folder as such I was wondering where will the server logs be stored in this case.

Thanks for your help

• 6.  Re: Is there a way to output the logs from CA Live API Creator to another database?

Posted Oct 20, 2016 10:55 AM

The Jetty package is a little different than a WAR file deployment of LAC. It will log to stdout by default, because of the following line in the log4j.properties file:

log4j.rootLogger=INFO, stdout

• 7.  Re: Is there a way to output the logs from CA Live API Creator to another database?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 21, 2017 12:57 PM

Here is some additional information on configuring an external logger:

External Logging - CA Live API Creator - 3.2 - CA Technologies Documentation