Jaykrishna

Team center capability in CA APM 10.5

Discussion created by Jaykrishna on Dec 26, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 29, 2017 by Tim_McGaughey

Hi Team,

I tried to search for the video resources of team center in CA APM 10.5 but in vain. Whatever I found in related to version CA APM 10.2. The look and feel of UI of team center 10.2 and 10.5 is totally different. So I thought of reading the pdf of CA APM 10.5 team center. Before going through the pdf in details I need some help in clearing my doubts about the terminology used in team center. Sorry for my ignorance as I have never used team center.

1. What is the significance of using team center in CA APM implementation and what value add it will give to the implementation?

2. What is prospective, universe, map, attribute rule and how they are related to each other?

3. If we have multiple domain created in my environment based on LOB ( line of business). Do I have to create a  universe/map and give access to the user to the specific universe/map.

4. Suppose multiple application servers are present one domain and I need to give access to the user only a specific application server in webview /team center then how can I achieve this.

5. Is team center using AI in the background to do auto baselining and trigger an alert when the baselining threshold is breached. Can we associate an action to this type of alert?

6. Does that mean we do not need to configure metric groupings, simple alert, summary alert and dashboard in workstation? 

7. What is the best way to use team center in APM implementation?

Cheers

Jay

E-mail: JM00121466@techmahindra.com

Outcomes