AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to set up a "DELAY" during a process flow that processes past midnight?

Question asked by Adrian_Weber_565 on Oct 2, 2014
Latest reply on Oct 7, 2014 by Adrian_Weber_565
In our UC4 V8 environment, we have an OVERNIGHT BATCH process that begins at 21:00.  This process runs until approximately 10 or 10:30, and then waits until 01:00 to start up again.  At that time, it will run to completion between 02:00 and 04:00, if everything goes smoothly.
We are trying to replicate this same behavior in V10, and I've found that putting an "EARLIEST RUN" setting of 01:00 will make the process flow perform the "wait" behavior we are seeing in V8.  However, since it goes past midnight, I have to set the "earliest" to a "Current date +1", otherwise Automic calculates that "01:00 already happened, so go ahead and run the task."
Here's the problem:
Very rarely, we sometimes end up starting the process after midnight.  If this happens, with the "Earliest" setting of "Current date +1", that means that the process flow will hold until the NEXT night at 01:00, and this would cause the OVERNIGHT BATCH process not to complete for the previous calendar day.

Does anyone have any insight as to how this situation can be fixed?  In V8, we have a separate, stand-alone, job that runs at 1am to simply set a flag in a database to YES, indicating that it is now after 1am, and the job can process any time all of the dependencies are met.  The flag is checked via job conditions.  The only issue there is if the stand-alone job fails for any reason, that flag won't be set and the dependent jobs will never run.  (This is considered an acceptable risk.)  I would like to design our V10 environment so as not to have to set that flag or set up extra job-conditions just for this rare possibility of the OVERNIGHT BATCH process not starting before midnight. 

Any insight or suggestions would be most welcome.

Thank you in advance for any help that you can provide.

Outcomes