AnsweredAssumed Answered

Get feedback from CallAPI

Question asked by joel_wiesmann_automic on Apr 7, 2015
Latest reply on Apr 9, 2015 by joel_wiesmann_automic
Hi there

I'm about to identify the possibilities to connect an existing web interface (java application on jboss) with the Automation Engine. I was able to do a successful PoC using the ApplicationInterface, but wanted to take a closer look on the CallAPI (for maintenance reasons) as well.

The web interface must be able to start 4 actions (stop, start, status, deploy). These actions return some information (return code, better would be report). I did implement these actions as single objects. Using the CallAPI, the only way to return information (beside the runid) seems to be ":STOP" adding a customized message like the returncode of the activated object. IMHO this is reasonable for single objects, but is not an appropriate solution for workflows containing multiple objects that might fail or must feedback information.
=> I'd prefer workflows over objects as I can work with task features and enhance the logik without the need of adding code to the web interface.

So my question is: does anyone know a function to return messages back to the CallAPI caller?

Regards
Joel

P.S. I don't want to use a design pattern that involves a polling mechanism (like file-based ordering) or having the activated objects feeding back the caller by writing the reports into a database or files.

Outcomes