About mass update data in Archive keys and Pre-Process : is there any safe way to mass update the information in those attributes ?
We offer tools that allow you to to these changes. This should be done in several steps:
- Place the objects that should be changed in theTransport Case
- Collect them withDB Unload
- Modify them withDB Change
- Load the modified objects withDB Load
Let's see this in more detail.
1. Place the objects in the Transport Case
2. Unload the transport container
- Graphical mode
Use a command like : UCYBDBUN -Btransport [-D][-Cmmmm] [-XFile name]
If for instance you want to unload the transport case to file"C:\temp\output.txt" from client 22 and clear it (the transport case) after unloading it will look like this :
ucybdbun -Btransport -D -C0022 -XC:\temp\output.txt
3. Modify the export with DB Change
- Search for theattributesyou want to modify. Each type object has its own set.
- Create ascriptfile - update.txtin our example - that will define the change rules and save it toc:\temp. The syntax of script is as follows :
REPLACE Object Type, Name, Attribute, Old Value, New Value
REPLACE_PART Object Type, Name, Attribute, Part of the old Value, New Value
In our example we will change :
> the Archive key 1 from "old_key" to "new_key" in all job objects
REPLACE JOBS, *, *, 'ARCHIVE_KEY1', "old_key", "new_key"
> the contents of pre-process tab from ":INC MY_OLD_JOBI" to ":INC MY_NEW_JOBI"
REPLACE JOBS, *, *, 'PSCRIPT', "
:INC MY_OLD_JOBI", "
- Run DB Changeto apply changes contained in the script (update.txt) to the output file (output.txt) and generate a new file out of it (upd_output.txt).
Syntax : UCYBCHNG[.EXE] [-B] [-IPath and name of the INI file] -1Script File -2Transport file [-3Output file][-LE]
ucybchng -B -1c:\temp\update.txt -2c:\temp\export.txt -3c:\temp\upd_output.txt
4. Load the newly generated file (upd_output.txt) to the target client/environment with DB Load.
- Graphical mode
Syntax : UCYBDBLD [-V[Path and file name]] [-IFile name] [-FFolder handling] [-LLanguage] -B -Cmmmm [-EMode] [-UName/Department] [-GName] [-AAccess] [-MAccess] -XFile name
ucybdbld -B -C0123 -Xc:\temp\upd_output.txt