About mass update data in Archive keys and Pre-Process : is there any safe way to mass update the information in those attributes ?We offer tools that allow you to to these changes. This should be done in several steps:
- Place the objects that should be changed in theTransport Case
- Collect them withDB Unload
- Modify them withDB Change
- Load the modified objects withDB Load
1. Place the objects in the Transport CaseFrom the Explorer Window just drag and drop objects to the .
2. Unload the transport container
- Graphical mode
Choose to not export all transport containers of all clients :
The list of all clients will then be prompted. Choose the one which you want to unload the transport case from.
If for instance you want to unload the transport case to file"C:\temp\output.txt" from client 22 and clear it (the transport case) after unloading it will look like this :
ucybdbun -Btransport -D -C0022 -XC:\temp\output.txt
3. Modify the export with DB Change
- Search for theattributesyou want to modify. Each type object has its own set.
> Attribute for Archive key 1 is 'ARCHIVE_KEY1'
> Attribute for Pre-process is 'PSCRIPT' :
- Create ascriptfile - update.txtin our example - that will define the change rules and save it toc:\temp. The syntax of script is as follows :
REPLACE Object Type, Name, Attribute, Old Value, New Value
REPLACE_PART Object Type, Name, Attribute, Part of the old Value, New Value
> the Archive key 1 from "old_key" to "new_key" in all job objects
REPLACE JOBS, *, *, 'ARCHIVE_KEY1', "old_key", "new_key"
> the contents of pre-process tab from ":INC MY_OLD_JOBI" to ":INC MY_NEW_JOBI"
REPLACE JOBS, *, *, 'PSCRIPT', "
:INC MY_OLD_JOBI", "
- RunDB Changeto apply changes contained in the script (update.txt) to the output file (output.txt) and generate a new file out of it (upd_output.txt).
Syntax : UCYBCHNG[.EXE] [-B] [-IPath and name of the INI file] -1Script File -2Transport file [-3Output file][-LE]
ucybchng -B -1c:\temp\update.txt -2c:\temp\export.txt -3c:\temp\upd_output.txt
4. Load the newly generated file (upd_output.txt) to the target client/environment with DB Load.
- Graphical mode
Start and select the updated file then 'Open'.
Choose to keep the same client as the one of the export file, or not.
If you select 'No' you can then choose the target client:
ucybdbld -B -C0123 -Xc:\temp\upd_output.txt