1. Some of our exiting Process / Applications require GUI based action. Can we interface Automic with application GUI and do necessary action ?This sounds that something possible only if the application has an API, a command line mode or a WebService that allows to interact with it without using the GUI.
2. Application monitoring on GUI based interface , Can we do this through Automic ?One possible way to do this would be to use a JOBS.UNIX to check the url. You could either start this job in a recurring way, or use an EVNT.TIME to start it at a regular interval.
Scenario : Need to check an application URL is working on a regular interval
If the job report contains '200 OK' it means the url could be reached.
curl -Is https://www.yoururl.com | head -1
- Event tab : let's say you want the check to occur every minute, the 'Check' and 'Timer control' should be set as follows:
- !Process tab : will give the instruction to start JOBS.UNIX.CHECK.URL each time the interval has lapsed - every minute in our case:
:SET &STARTMYJOB# = ACTIVATE_UC_OBJECT(JOBS.UNIX.CHECK.URL)
3. Application data needs to be replicated from Production (Primary) to DR (secondary) . Can we make this data replication using Automic.The DBMS normally offer this kind of tools. Of course the execution of such tools can be triggered by the Automation Engine.