Antoine_Sauteron_1266

Export package with associated components

Discussion created by Antoine_Sauteron_1266 on Nov 14, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 15, 2017 by Antoine_Sauteron_1266
I am looking for a list of pre-defined main types for Import Export CLI Utility,  essentially I need to export package with associated components.
I tried to extract package main type without any where clause, it extracts the package properties but not the assigned components with it. same is the case when I use component main type - I don't get the packages using these components. Not sure if I have missed anything here or should there be a different utility / method to extract this information. 
I talked to PM team to ask about this, here is their answer :

"All entities listed on that site can be used as maintype for import and export. There are maintypes for all relations as well (e.g. PackageComponentRelation). You have to call the ImportExportCLI several times (one time for each maintype), but you will get all information out of it.

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/ARA/12.1/DOCU/12.1/ARA%20Guides/Default.htm#ARA/SystemProperties/SystemProperties.htm%3FTocPath%3DIntegration%2520Guide%7CReference%253A%2520System%2520Properties%7C_____0"

It is not possible in one shot. One maintype per export command. Then parse the result and adjust the ‘where’ clauses for the next command accordingly, so that the results are already filtered.

Typically this is done using some jobs in a workflow."

Thanks robert_thullner_automic for the advice :)

Best regards,
Antoine

Outcomes