Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

Docker installation - Portal error:  An error occurred while retrieving the list of VSE

Legacy User

Legacy UserMay 28, 2018 04:39 PM

• 1.  Docker installation - Portal error:  An error occurred while retrieving the list of VSE

Posted May 25, 2018 09:26 AM

Hi team, 

I had an issue with Portal in a DevTest docker based installation.

The installation uses DevTest 10.2.4 in a Linux AWS . The components are installed in this way: 

1st server

Enterprise Dashboard

Portal

2nd server

Registry

Coordinator

Simulator

VSE

After login in portal, presents the message: An error occurred while retrieving the list of VSE

line used to run portal: docker run --net host --name DevtestPortal -p 1507:1507 devtest/portal-base:latest /opt/devtest/bin/Portal -J-Dregistry.host='10.***.***.71' -J-DlisaAutoConnect='tcp://10.***.***.71:2010/Registry'

Can anyone help me? 

Regards,

Francis

Attachment(s)

zip
    portal_logs.txt.zip   780 B 1 version
    zip
    registryLogs.txt.zip   7 KB 1 version
    zip
    vse_logs.txt.zip   740 B 1 version

• 2.  Re: Docker installation - Portal error:  An error occurred while retrieving the list of VSE

Posted May 25, 2018 10:54 AM

Could I ask, do you have virtual services deployed with group tags in the VSE? If so, are there any virtual services deployed without a tag set?

If this is not the case, then the registry logs would, perhaps, also be informative

• 3.  Re: Docker installation - Portal error:  An error occurred while retrieving the list of VSE

Posted May 25, 2018 10:58 AM

Hi Dave, 

I don't have any virtual service deployed. Just installed. 

I will consult the registry logs. 

Thanks.

Francis

• 4.  Re: Docker installation - Portal error:  An error occurred while retrieving the list of VSE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2018 01:54 PM

And the portal log.

Just curious, is the IP address of the machine in the /etc/hosts file?

• 5.  Re: Docker installation - Portal error:  An error occurred while retrieving the list of VSE

Posted May 25, 2018 05:36 PM

Hi Marcy and Dave! 

I added the log files. 

I didn't change anything in hosts file.

Regards,

Francis

• 6.  Re: Docker installation - Portal error:  An error occurred while retrieving the list of VSE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2018 06:32 PM

Your Portal is on a remote box from the Registry. Did you make any changes to where the Portal looks for the Projects?

• 7.  Re: Docker installation - Portal error:  An error occurred while retrieving the list of VSE

Posted May 25, 2018 06:38 PM

I just pointed the portal using: 

-J-Dregistry.host='10.***.***.71' -J-DlisaAutoConnect='tcp://10.***.***.71:2010/Registry'

Is there any other thing I should do? 

• 8.  Re: Docker installation - Portal error:  An error occurred while retrieving the list of VSE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 28, 2018 04:58 PM

Portal pointing to Registry simply makes the portal a part of that Registry. You still need to point the Portal to the correct repository location. There should be properties file called _reshub.properties. Change the location according to pointto the Projects folder 

• 9.  Re: Docker installation - Portal error:  An error occurred while retrieving the list of VSE

Posted May 28, 2018 06:40 PM

In which Tag? 

My reshub just have:

#resHub.projects.dir=${LISA_HOME}/Projects
    #resHub.uploads.mar.saveTemp=false

Regards,

Francis

• 10.  Re: Docker installation - Portal error:  An error occurred while retrieving the list of VSE
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 29, 2018 01:43 PM

First tag - Uncomment the first line and replace lisa_home to the actual mapped path of where the projects are - you could use \\abc\proejcts or something too. 

If this is too cumbersome portal and registry should be on the same box

• 11.  Re: Docker installation - Portal error:  An error occurred while retrieving the list of VSE

Posted May 29, 2018 06:02 AM

Just to be sure, you have exposed ports 2010 1505 at the registry end?

• 12.  Re: Docker installation - Portal error:  An error occurred while retrieving the list of VSE

Posted May 29, 2018 10:01 AM

I can access from the other server by telnet the port 2010 and 1505.

• 13.  Re: Docker installation - Portal error:  An error occurred while retrieving the list of VSE

Posted May 28, 2018 04:39 PM

Hi, 

Any ideas for this case? 

Regards,

Francis

• 14.  Re: Docker installation - Portal error:  An error occurred while retrieving the list of VSE

Posted May 29, 2018 10:49 AM

Hello Francis,

Is there an option to start the Portal on the same server where the Registry is running?

If yes, stop the Portal running with the VSE and start it where the Registry is running.

Restart the VSE.

Just would like to verify how this setup works.

Heloisa

• 15.  Re: Docker installation - Portal error:  An error occurred while retrieving the list of VSE

Posted May 29, 2018 12:29 PM

I will try this option, but it could not be a definitive option. 

I send the results when I got it. 

regards,

Francis