DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Migrate smartstor data

Posted Oct 31, 2018 02:10 AM

Hi 

I am creating a UNIX MOM

How can we migrate the smartstor data from a Windows machine to a UNIX machine?

And how can we point to the new Database/Collectors?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Migrate smartstor data
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 31, 2018 09:44 AM

imran_ali

You have to user SmartStorTools to merge smartstor data and then copy that merge data in your  Linux machine. You can merge all of your  collectors data into one folder and then save it to your destination unix / Linux folder.

to pointing your new MOM and collectors to smartstor there should be /data. if you are asking about postgresql database there is a file in config/tess-db-config.xml file you have to configure to connect with postgressql databae.

you can find help regarding merging data in following link.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-apm/10-7/en/administrating/configure-enterprise-manager/configure-and-manage-smartstor-data

Hi Imran,

In addition to Junaid Wahab's great advice if you are starting with a clean *nix MOM installation before you start the MOM for the first time you can just zip up the Windows SmartStor (/data directory) and copy it to the same location on your *nix MOM.

Binary copy of a Windows SmartStor to a *nix SmartStor is valid.

NOTE: I forgot to add that before you zip up the Windows SmartStor (/data directory) you need to stop the Windows EM.

Regards,

Lynn

• 3.  Re: Migrate smartstor data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 31, 2018 05:47 PM

Hi Imran,

In addition to Junaid Wahab's great advice if you are starting with a clean *nix MOM installation before you start the MOM for the first time you can just zip up the Windows SmartStor (/data directory) and copy it to the same location on your *nix MOM.

Binary copy of a Windows SmartStor to a *nix SmartStor is valid.

NOTE: I forgot to add that before you zip up the Windows SmartStor (/data directory) you need to stop the Windows EM.

Regards,

Lynn

• 4.  Re: Migrate smartstor data

Posted Oct 31, 2018 09:12 PM

Lynn_Williams

Thanks, I never know it can be possible. Actually never try it before. 

• 5.  Re: Migrate smartstor data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2018 05:11 AM

There is also KB covering an example merge of 2 EMs with existing SmartStor data from Windows to Linux here:

How to move APM 9.6 Smartstor database from Window - CA Knowledge