AnsweredAssumed Answered

"Failed to Verify Database" error after dump import

Question asked by Phil_S on Jul 15, 2010
Latest reply on Jul 20, 2010 by Phil_S
I have been trying to get an Oracle database dump to work on a copy of Clarity running on a VM.

My original route of importing the dump onto an out of the box Clarity install created a number of errors (mainly unique constraint violations) in the log and then afterwards the application was producing a number of errors. (I suspect there is probably some preparatory work I could have done to the database in terms of dropping or truncating those tables which were responsible for the errors but this is beyond my knowledge - would appreciate pointers).

Anyway my latest strategy has been to try the following:
1. Delete the Clarity database and re-create it; re-create the niku user also; adjust tablespace max sizes (it is a large import).
2. Import the data dump again (it produces only a few warning messages relating to indexes).
3. Work in NSA to make sure it is listing the database as available - and that it passes its health check.

However when go to the Clarity application URL I get a 500 error from Tomcat along these lines:
"com.niku.union.config.ConfigurationException: Failed to verify database"

Also NSA lists the install status for the Clarity as being incomplete.

So my questions are:
1. Is there anything I can do to correct the error listed above? (assuming this is even a route I can validly take)
2. Any further pointers on how to deal with problems like this?

I am on 12.0sp6 and working with an Oracle 10g created export in Oracle 10g. Using Tomcat under Windows server 2003.

many thanks in advance.

Outcomes