ca.portal.admin

R16.0 CV to CV via Node

Discussion created by ca.portal.admin on Aug 17, 2008
I have R15 systems that quite happily talk to each other using the NODE and RESOURCE TABLE definitions in the Sysgen.

I have implemented R16 without wanting to use RRS i.e. RRS=N in the startup. Regardless of this parm we get the RRS Resynchronsiation complete messages at startup.

If I try and use the CV to CV communictaions, I get the following:

14.20.02 JOB01613 +IDMS DC329018 V1 T20 Resynchronization terminated for PIDMS3  ::DSI_CLI  *connect failed
14.20.02 JOB01613 +IDMS DC329009 V1 T98 TMGR error: #TXN return code: 0C  reason code: 0C53  function: $RRMI

If I convert the target system back to R15 then I can still talk to it without a problem.

Has anyone had to set up R16 for this situation? I am on SP6 of R16. Z/OS.

It looks like security to me but I don't get any other messages and our Signon is secured externally and the default users for each CV have acces to the other. No probs in R15.

Is there an RRS expert out there?

Chris Trayler, IXD
Bank Julius Baer & Co. Ltd.
P. O. Box, CH-8010 Zürich, Switzerland
Telephone +41 (0)58 887 4332, Fax +41 (0)58 887 4969
www.juliusbaer.com <http://www.juliusbaer.com/>

*****JuliusBaer Disclaimer***** This e-mail is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please contact us immediately and completely delete it (and any attachments) and do not forward it or inform any other person of its contents. If you send us messages by e-mail, we take this as your authorization to correspond with you by e-mail, however, we will not accept the electronic transmission of orders/instructions without a specific agreement being in place to govern the same. If you do not wish to receive any further e-mail correspondence please let us know. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, amended, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Neither the Julius Baer Group nor the sender accept liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this message which arise as a result of its e-mail transmission. Please note that all e-mail communications to and from the Julius Baer Group may be monitored. This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Note: This email, including any attachments, is confidential.
If you have received this email in error, please advise the
sender and delete it and all copies of it from your system.
If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must
not use, print, distribute, copy or disclose its content to anyone.

"
IDMS Public Discussion Forum
IDMS-L@LISTSERV.IUASSN.COM
SMTP
SMTP

Normal

Normal
R16.0 CV to CV via Node
"I have R15 systems that quite happily talk to each other using the NODE and RESOURCE TABLE definitions in the Sysgen.

I have implemented R16 without wanting to use RRS i.e. RRS=N in the startup. Regardless of this parm we get the RRS Resynchronsiation complete messages at startup.

If I try and use the CV to CV communictaions, I get the following:

14.20.02 JOB01613 +IDMS DC329018 V1 T20 Resynchronization terminated for PIDMS3  ::DSI_CLI  *connect failed
14.20.02 JOB01613 +IDMS DC329009 V1 T98 TMGR error: #TXN return code: 0C  reason code: 0C53  function: $RRMI

If I convert the target system back to R15 then I can still talk to it without a problem.

Has anyone had to set up R16 for this situation? I am on SP6 of R16. Z/OS.

It looks like security to me but I don't get any other messages and our Signon is secured externally and the default users for each CV have acces to the other. No probs in R15.

Is there an RRS expert out there?

Chris Trayler, IXD
Bank Julius Baer & Co. Ltd.
P. O. Box, CH-8010 Zürich, Switzerland
Telephone +41 (0)58 887 4332, Fax +41 (0)58 887 4969
www.juliusbaer.com <http://www.juliusbaer.com/>

*****JuliusBaer Disclaimer***** This e-mail is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please contact us immediately and completely delete it (and any attachments) and do not forward it or inform any other person of its contents. If you send us messages by e-mail, we take this as your authorization to correspond with you by e-mail, however, we will not accept the electronic transmission of orders/instructions without a specific agreement being in place to govern the same. If you do not wish to receive any further e-mail correspondence please let us know. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, amended, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Neither the Julius Baer Group nor the sender accept liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this message which arise as a result of its e-mail transmission. Please note that all e-mail communications to and from the Julius Baer Group may be monitored. This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction.
"
IDMS Public Discussion Forum
SMTP
SMTP

Normal

Normal
Re: how to get cobol ii dc cobol to access above-the-line storage?
"Mike is correct.

Rob Klan/Cincinnati/IBM
Phone: 1-877-205-4871 (T/L: 349-2446)
VOIP Users 1-513-897-8148
ITN: 23492446
Email: rklan@us.ibm.com

""Miley, Dan L"" <dan.l.miley@LMCO.COM>
Sent by: IDMS Public Discussion Forum <IDMS-L@LISTSERV.IUASSN.COM>
08/18/2008 09:13 AM
Please respond to
IDMS Public Discussion Forum <IDMS-L@LISTSERV.IUASSN.COM>

To
cc

Subject
Re: how to get cobol ii dc cobol to access above-the-line storage?

I don't think that this is advisable. Merely changing the AMODE of the
module does NOT change how storage is acquired. You will need to
verify how the programs were compiled to ensure that DATA(31) and RENT
was utilized.

Dan Miley
Lockheed Martin

Outcomes