parda03

Happy Veterans Day

Discussion created by parda03 Employee on Nov 11, 2011
As I looked at my son this morning, I thought about how lucky I am. I felt lucky that first and foremost he is my son and I am so grateful for him but I also felt lucky for the freedoms we have so that my son Aiden and my daughter Maddy can go to school every day. I’m grateful that in this country, we have the opportunities to provide for our children so that they can play without worrying about where their next meal is going to come from or if they will have a place to sleep at night. I’m grateful our children don’t have to worry about being free to make choices that are right for them. I am grateful that my kids are free to believe what they want and that they have the opportunity to be whatever they want to be when they grow up. I’m Grateful that my children do not have to live in fear.

I’m grateful for all of these freedoms that have been provided to us by the many Men and Women that serve and have served in the armed forces. Being a soldier is a difficult job full of blood, sweat, and tears, not only for the soldiers themselves but also for their families who are also making sacrifices so that their loved ones can defend the freedoms we often take for granted.

I want to personally thank each and every person that has served this country, past and present, for having the courage to defend the freedoms our great nation was built on. THANK YOU!

If you see a soldier in uniform today, I encourage you to walk up to them and tell them you appreciate what they do. If they are behind you in line at lunch or in the coffee shop, if you have the means, buy their lunch or coffee! Let’s show our troops how much we really appreciate what they do for us so that we can sleep well at night!

Happy Veterans Day! Thank you again for all you do to preserve the freedoms we enjoy in this great Nation!

Outcomes