AnsweredAssumed Answered

Investment Allocation job updating last_updated_date

Question asked by Chris_Shaffer_hcsc on Sep 16, 2010
Latest reply on Sep 17, 2010 by tarnasky
I have done some searching and found a few posts but wanted to see if there was anything more current on the topic.

We are upgrading from 7.5.3 to 12.0.6 and have around 6000+ records in our INV_INVESTMENTS table. We have a number of closed out projects, ideas, and applications going back to 2006. The problem we are seeing is that we just started running the "Investment Allocation" job and found that when this job runs, it is setting the last_updated_date and last_updated_by field to whoever kicked off the job and when. This therefore makes these fields useless in any type of reporting since any historical record is overwritten.

1) Is this normal behavior for the job to do this?

2) Why is the job processing ALL investments, including closed/inactive investments?

I would love any advice on this topic. Seems silly to me to take a perfectly good field that many users use and make it worthless by populating it with the job. If it is normal, what options do we have to easily see who last updated a project for example (without getting into field level auditing)?

Thanks!

Chris

Outcomes