Tim1302647

Field value updated after process completed

Discussion created by Tim1302647 on Jan 6, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 9, 2012 by Chris_Hackett
I have created a process that, through various gel scripts, updates 3 custom attributes on the Status Report object. Three Custom Script actions are on the Start Step. The first sets a boolean field to 0 for all Status Reports with the same parent ID as the Status Report instance. The second and third actions update separate custom attributes to each match the current value of similar attributes from the parent Project. On a separate step, the boolean from the first action for this Status Report instance is set to 1. For the most part, this process works as intended. Sporadically, though, when the process is finished, the field from the second action won't equal the value of its parent Project and the boolean will be reset to 0. I've set up an audit on the boolean field and in these instances I see 3 entries all occurring at the same time. Insert value equals 0, update value from 1 to 0 and update value from 0 to 1. Again, for the most part, this process works just fine. Anyone have any ideas what might be causing the sporadic issues with the fields not being updated or the boolean field being reset to 0?

Outcomes