devan05

CA DLP Tuesday Tip: Customizing Command line deployments

Discussion created by devan05 Employee on Mar 20, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 20, 2012 by Chris_Hackett
CA DLP (DataMinder) Tuesday Tip for 20 March 2012 published by Andrew Devine Snr. Support Engineer.

If you have already deployed the CA DLP (DataMinder) Outlook and/or IE client and you want to add additional functionality to your client deployments, you can use the windows installer command line options.

For example the following would add the DLP Print Agent functionality silently (without user interaction) to an existing 64 bit client deployment.

msiexec /i <path>\client_x64.msi /qn ADDLOCAL=PrintSystemClient

For example:

msiexec /i c:\temp\client_x64.msi /qn ADDLOCAL=PrintSystemClient

The above instructions are on the assumption that you are using the 64bit Client with Windows 7 64Bit, if the version of the OS is 32bit, please replace with client.msi (eg msiexec /i <path>\client.msi /qn ADDLOCAL=PrintSystemClient).

For example the following would add the Client File Scanning Agent functionality silently (without user interaction) to an existing 64 bit client deployment.

msiexec /i <path>\client_x64.msi /qn ADDLOCAL=FileSystemClient

For example:

msiexec /i c:\temp\client_x64.msi /qn ADDLOCAL=FileSystemClient

For more information on the deploying DLP features please refer to the CA DataMinder (DLP) r14.0 Platform Deployment Guide (DLP_Platform_ENU.pdf) and CA DataMinder (DLP) r14.0 Endpoint Integration Guide (DLP_Endpoint_Int_ENU.pdf), which are both available to download from the CA DLP r14.0 Bookshelf on the CA Support Portal (Support.ca.com)

Outcomes