AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why is Baseline Usage from OWB not same as Clarity?

Question asked by mei_fm on May 31, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 1, 2012 by mei_fm
Hello,

I'm confused on what should be the correct way to get the 1st Baseline Usage of each task of a project.
I have a project wherein the Baseline Usage of 1st Baseline is 304.25. However, in Projects & Supports page then Project then Baseline > Baseline 1 > Usage = 314.25

I used this query to get information on prj_baseline_details and I filtered for the Baseline ID of Baseline 1
SELECT
b.id, b.project_id,d.object_id, d.baseline_id, t.prid, t.prname, t.prprojectid,d.usage_sum
FROM
prtask t,

prj_baselines b,

prj_baseline_details d
WHERE
t.prid = d.object_id
AND
d.baseline_id = b.id
AND
t.prprojectid = b.project_id
AND
b.id = (SELECT
MIN(b2.id)

FROM
prj_baselines b2

WHERE
b2.project_id = b.project_id)
AND
t.pristask = 1
AND
b.project_id = 5000357

Using above, I noticed that I have 1 task for Baseline 1 with value of 10mandays in the USAGE_SUM column. However, in OWB that task does not have Baseline Usage for Baseline1.
And when I looked at Baseline 2, the Baseline Usage of that task is actually 8 mandays not 10. I don't know where 10 is coming from (this 10 is the difference between OWB=304.25 and Project Baseline in Clarity=314.25)

Then, I have another query below but I included prassignment table and I got the same total figure as OWB 304.25

SELECT II.ID AS PROJECT_ID,
PT.PRID AS TASK_ID,
PT.PRNAME AS TASK_NAME,
PA.PRID AS ASSIGNMENT_ID,

PBD.USAGE_SUM,
II.NAME AS PROJECT_NAME
FROM PRJ_BASELINES PB,
PRJ_BASELINE_DETAILS PBD,
PRASSIGNMENT PA,
PRTASK PT,
INV_INVESTMENTS II
WHERE PA.PRID = PBD.OBJECT_ID
AND PA.PRTASKID = PT.PRID
AND PT.PRPROJECTID = II.ID
AND II.ID = PB.PROJECT_ID
AND PB.ID = PBD.BASELINE_ID
AND PB.OBJECT_TYPE = 'PROJECT'
AND PB.PROJECT_ID = 5000357
AND PB.ID = (SELECT MIN(PB2.ID)
FROM NIKU.PRJ_BASELINES PB2
WHERE PB2.PROJECT_ID = PB.PROJECT_ID
AND PB.OBJECT_TYPE = 'PROJECT')

Why is that the Total Baseline Usage of Baseline 1 in OWB is different from the one in Clarity? I'm confused :(

Thanks in advance for any help!

Mei

Outcomes